Caribbean Examinations Council
Emarking Support
Start a new topic

Markers Given Scant Regard

I am a marker from Guyana. I reached out to CXC to mark at this year's examination. I was quickly accepted and felt welcomed by the support team that promptly responded to my expression of interest. Things were going well. That is until I met my supervisor. We met under duress on her part. What do I mean? I was not sent an invite to the standardization and so informed the support team. That was when the nightmare began. Apparently she was instructed to standardize me. I went through two standardization s. The last proved 2 inaccurates, 2 accurates and 5 intolerances. I thought I did well. Not the supervisor though. She had other plans. I was placed on approved pending review. The supervisor gave me 10 scripts to mark then she would review. Comrades, I marked those scripts three times based on instructions from the supervisor. She remained unreachable from then until I messaged her asking why I had to endure three reviews and indicated my unwillingness to repeat that process. My question is then what is the purpose of standardization and is there any system in place to ensure that interactions between markers and supervisors remain as objective as possible. Who will pay me for my time I spent marking those scripts? My time was thoroughly wasted.

Login or Signup to post a comment