Caribbean Examinations Council
Emarking Support
Start a new topic
Answered

English Teachers

Does anyone know of any vacant positions that are available for a teacher of English, preferably in Kingston, Jamaica? (High Schools)

Best Answer
Is my application to mark national grade 4 in Guyana successfully completed and submitted

Hi Gabrielle, you would have to check with the Department of Education there

Sorry - don't have any information on vacancies in Jamaica. There are always some in Barbados at the various secondary schools though if you are ever interested in moving! 

Thank You Liesl

Answer
Is my application to mark national grade 4 in Guyana successfully completed and submitted

There is always vacancies in schools in Jamaica for English Teachers, what you will need to do is to identify the schools in kingston which you would like to teach and send an application letter or call the school and have a talk with the principal and they will advise you of the vacancy and when interviews are likely to start.

Hello everyone I'm a new marker for CSEC (English B) the online version. Have you guys worked with program before? Any tips for a newby?

This will be my first time working with the program also. I'm just waiting to see what the next step is. If and how I will be assigned scripts to mark etc. 

Well I guess we will just wait. I imagine it will be a learning experince for us all. On my status it sates, `Assistant Examiner` Do you know what that means in the marker's world?

I am new at this too. Excited about marking online.

Login or Signup to post a comment